Due to its profitability, crypto app have dominated the investment sector, resulting in India figuring among the topmost nations heading fast towards the crypto space. Interestingly, 2021 proved to be when the country witnessed a rise of about 90% crypto investors, notwithstanding the unstable financial situation and absence of regulatory measures. The success of cryptocurrency as an investment has led to people including crypto coins like Bitcoin and Ether.
Before getting into the nitty-gritty of cryptocurrencies, it’s essential to grasp how it operates. Cryptocurrency is a digital method of making payments. It’s called crypto since it makes use of encryption during transactions. In addition, cryptocurrency offers the advantage of creating and features of crypto alerts and receiving payments anywhere.
Cryptocurrencies navigate using blockchain, a distributed public ledger keeping track of transactions by crypto holders. On the other hand, the currency uses a process known as mining which makes the coins through mathematical calculations. However, the crypto could also be bought and stored. As they are also known, the coins and tokens find storage in wallets accessed using private and public keys.
However, although cryptocurrency is lucrative, it’s not without a downside. Considering there are no regulatory measures in place in countries like the U.S. and others, it is advisable to diversify your crypto portfolio by investing in different cryptocurrencies. Several cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Stellar, Cardano, Tether, etc.
How to diversify your crypto portfolio
The best way is to invest in different cryptos like stablecoins which are less volatile than others due to being pegged to other currencies such as the dollar, euro, etc. Other measures to build a balanced portfolio are as below:
- Keeping abreast of the trading news goes a long way in making investment decisions. It’s essential to know about the existent cryptocurrencies and their current values.
- Going through published material like white papers and research reports helps you better understand the currency and the market.
- An effective way of safeguarding against potential losses is setting stop-loss orders. These are orders meant for disposing of the asset when its price drops to a certain extent. As a result, the investors can ward off extreme losses to the value of their crypto portfolio.
- Being conversant with news reports or events about cryptocurrency keeps you wary and helps make informed decisions.
- How a currency derives its value is instrumental in making a wise investment decision. For instance, cryptocurrency might be more profitable if its value results from a technological invention or innovation.
Once you have decided to invest, you need to know where to buy crypto. To buy a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc., you have to have an account with a platform trading in crypto to exchange money for the digital currency. Under such a situation, a crypto exchange comes in handy. A crypto exchange allows you to buy cryptocurrency using money. It also serves as a platform for trading in cryptocurrency. You can convert, say, Bitcoin into another crypto or vice-versa.
Deciding on a crypto exchange can be made simple by considering security, taxes, fees, accessibility, types of coins, and liquidity.